As you might know Apple plans to discontinue support for 32 bit apps and is actively warning users of the impending change, with a warning message notifying the user that the app will eventually not be compatible with the operating system unless it is updated.
Support for 64-bit installers has already been added in the previous release, InstallBuilder version 18.4. In this release we have been focused on fixing issues related to this new architecture.
- Fixed "osxsigner" external tool not signing the osx-x86_64 runtime when using native mode
- Fixed Abort/Retry/Ignore dialog buttons in qt mode when using the osx-x86_64 runtime
- Fixed error showing the uninstallation finished popup in osx mode when disabling uninstallation confirmation in the osx-x86_64 runtime
- Fixed "setuid is not allowed" error on macOS when using unattended mode with minimal UI
- Fixed crash occurring in some scenarios when using qt mode with the osx-x86_64 runtime at initialization time
In addition to that, InstallBuilder 18.5 also adds support for Java 10 version detection.